Marlin is among the most active private equity investors in the software and technology sectors. We have established a leading track record of partnering with management teams to create long-term value by pursuing strategic initiatives including add-on acquisitions, product development and global expansion.
We target software and technology companies that operate in fragmented markets, provide mission critical solutions to their customers and have significant recurring revenue. Since 2005, we have successfully acquired over 75 software and technology companies from founders, management teams, corporations, VCs and private equity firms.
We seek to invest in software and technology businesses that exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- $10 million to $2 billion in revenue (current profitability is not a requirement)
- Strong installed customer base with recurring revenue streams
- Seeking a partner for next phase of growth
- Underutilized or non-core asset
- Operating in a fragmented industry with opportunities for consolidation
- Defensible market position with barriers to entry